Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments (OCWCOG) is providing the following information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As new information becomes available, this webpage will be updated.
- At this time, consumers and clients are asked not to enter any OCWCOG office unless an urgent need cannot be handled by phone. If you need assistance in receiving services without entering the building, please call:
- Albany office: 541-967-8630
- Toledo office: 541-336-2289
- Benton County Veterans Service Office: 541-758-1595
- OCWCOG Corvallis office will be closed effective Monday, March 23, 2020, until further notice. Corvallis Office staff are working remotely.
- OCWCOG Albany and Toledo offices continue to be open, but consumers and clients are asked to call before coming to the office. There are a limited number of staff in these offices.
- OCWCOG is no longer conducting face-to-face visits for eligibility, and making every effort to conduct business via phone and email.
- Due to staff working remotely, when they call consumers, the phone number will display as unavailable. If there is no pick-up on the first attempt, staff will attempt a second call.
- A drop box for paperwork needing to be submitted to OCWCOG is located on the outside of the Albany and Toledo offices to help support social distancing while maintaining business operations.
- Access the Meals on Wheels meal site plan for COVID-19.
- Access Cascades West Business Lending – COVID-19 Economic Impact Resource Directory.
OCWCOG appreciates the patience and understanding of its consumers and partners as staff continues to meet their needs, while maintaining the safety, health, and wellness of its employees.
OCWCOG Program Updates
- AAMPO and CAMPO – March and April Meetings to be hosted remotely
- Benton County Veterans Services Office (VSO) – VSO staff are working remotely and are available to answer questions and schedule telephone interviews with clients.
- CWACT – April meetings to be held remotely
- Meals on Wheels (MOW) – Click HERE to see Press Release sent on Friday, March 20th.
- Dining Room Clients: MOW dining centers are continuing to provide take-home, or “to-go,” meals to currently registered clients in Linn, Benton, and Lincoln Counties. Pick-up hours are between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm on regular serving days.
- Home-Delivered Clients: MOW home-delivery continues, using a non-contact delivery method. Delivery times may be altered, depending on volunteer availability. Volunteers are doing their best to keep everyone on the same schedule!
- Volunteers: For those who feel comfortable to continue volunteering in the kitchen or as a driver, MOW needs you now more than ever! For MOW home delivery, please continue to follow the request to suspend hand-to-hand delivery. To continue to practice social distancing, MOW is asking volunteers and clients to keep a six-foot distance from each other. If volunteers have a cough or have symptoms of the flu, please contact their meal site manager, and stay home rather than risk exposing homebound seniors.
- For information on becoming a client, visit www.OCWCOG.org/Meals or call 541-967-8630 to see if you qualify.
- For more information or to volunteer, please call Anita Lengacher at 541-924-8455 or email email@example.com.
- If you want to help but are unable to volunteer, please consider donating by clicking HERE.
- Money Management Program (MMP) – Where appropriate, client meetings will be held by telephone or will move to intermittent service via online tools.
- MMP staff continue to manage Representative Payee accounts without interruption.
- For up-to-date information, please call MMP at 541-5812-2597 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Corps Programs: Foster Grandparent Program (FGP), Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), and Senior Companion Program (SCP) – Most programs have temporarily stopped National Service activities due to COVID-19, or have moved to telecounseling or intermittent service.
- For up-to-date information on OCWCOG RSVP-VISIT, RSVP-Tax-Aide, SHIBA, Foster Grandparent or Senior Companion Programs, please call Alicia Lucke at 541-924-8440 or email email@example.com.
Census 2020 News
- March 23rd: 2020 Census Operational Adjustments Due to COVID-19 (pdf)
- March 20th: 2020 Census Operational Press Briefing
- March 18th: U.S. Census Bureau Director Steven Dillingham on Operational Updates
- March 15th: Census Bureau Statement on Modifying 2020 Census Operations to Make Sure College Students are Counted
- About the Region
- Board of Directors
- Contact Us
- General Administration