Development Strategy (CEDS)
The Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) is a five year roadmap for improving economic conditions and resiliency. This economic development focused “strategic plan” outlines goals and actions for the region, and is useful in applying for grant opportunities.
The Cascades West Economic Development District (CWEDD) is in the process of updating its CEDS for the four-county region of Benton, Lane, Lincoln, and Linn Counties. A Committee for updating the CEDS document has been appointed by the Boards of the Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments (OCWCOG), and Lane Council of Governments (LCOG). The Institute for Policy Research and Engagement (IPRE) at the University of Oregon has been contracted to guide the Committee through the process.
Roles and Responsibilities
CWEDD Staff are working closely with IPRE throughout the process. Outlined below are more details on roles and responsibilities for the project:
- UO IPRE Team – Acts as guide through the CEDS update process by facilitating meetings and soliciting feedback on the update. Will do much of the behind-the-scenes work to update the document.
- CEDS Committee (includes CWEDD Board, economic development partners, and interested parties) – Will provide guidance and feedback throughout the update process.
- CWEDD/COG Staff – Will work closely with the UO IPRE team to guide the process. Will provide written and verbal feedback on document drafts by participating in regular check-in meetings with the UO IPRE team.
- CWEDD Board – Responsible for final CEDS adoption.
The table below contains the anticipated topics of discussion over the next six months. this may change. Regardless, all meeting and project materials will be posted on this website, so check back often for updates!
For CEDS update questions, please contact Aniko Drlik-Muehleck at email@example.com.
Remote Connection Details:
9:00 – 10:30 am
Join via Zoom: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/94782340998
Meeting ID: 947 8234 0998
- Brainstorm measure of success – what indicators will help us understand how we are progressing on CEDS priorities?
Although we realize not everyone will have the capability, we highly recommend that you plan to join the Zoom meeting using the Zoom link (rather than dialing in with your phone). The meeting will be interactive and we will be sharing our screens at various points. Participating through your computer with your video will allow everyone to get the most out of our time together.
- Briefly review the updated 2020 CEDS Strategic Priority Areas – estimated time: 5min
- Think about how you would measure success in each of the five Strategic Priority Areas – estimated time: 5min
Please be ready to discuss during the November 19th meeting.
What if I can’t make the meeting?
We realize not everyone will be able to join. You may still participate via the CEDS website by:
- Reading through the meeting summary that we’ll share shortly after the meeting and offering your feedback/comments on the meeting content
- Filling out a questionnaire about success metrics for the five Strategic Priority Areas
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions (contact Aniko at firstname.lastname@example.org), and we look forward to working with you on the Implementation Strategy!