2017 Regional Awards Nominations Open
Recognizing Regional Leaders and Project Achievements Across Our Region at OCWCOG’s Annual Dinner
The Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments (OCWCOG) is seeking nominations for its 2017 Regional Awards. Six Regional Awards will be presented during the organization’s upcoming Celebrate Linn, Benton, Lincoln – A Regional Awards and Recognition Dinner (CelebrateLBL) on November 2, 2017.
CelebrateLBL will highlight this year’s successes, outstanding citizens, and innovative projects across the tri-county Region of Linn, Benton, and Lincoln Counties. In addition to the presentation of six Regional Awards, the evening will include a State of the Region update, and a silent auction fundraiser for the Meals on Wheels program. CelebrateLBL will provide an opportunity for community and business leaders, regional stakeholders, and elected officials to come together to celebrate our Region.
2017 Regional Awards
OCWCOG’s Regional Awards are for individuals or projects representing, or contained in, any jurisdiction within Linn, Benton, and Lincoln Counties. Specific awards include:
- The OCWCOG Board Chair Award is given at his or her discretion to any person or entity that he or she believes to be outstanding and that has contributed to the regional discussion. (No nominations accepted for this Award.)
- The Citizen of the Region Award will recognize an exceptional citizen of our tri-County Region who has proven to be a community leader, role model, trend setter, visionary, or who possesses other demonstrable qualities that set them and their work apart. The award is not intended for political activism or engagement.
- The Project of the Year Award will recognize a project: planning, research, program, study, physical infrastructure (transportation, public safety, health, water, sewer, broadband, etc.), or implementation of a new system or process. The project must be innovative, of community significance, and demonstrate how a community will be better because of it. The Project will be replicable, and demonstrate a commitment of community partners, other jurisdictions (if applicable), and collaboration.
- OCWCOG’s Volunteer of the Year will recognize an individual who has given of themselves above and beyond. This individual will demonstrate community spirit, giving, and selflessness.
- OCWCOG will recognize one exemplary Meals on Wheels Volunteer of the Year. This Volunteer will recognize an individual who has given of themselves above and beyond for our seniors and persons with disabilities in our communities. This Volunteer will have also and demonstrated community spirit, giving, and selflessness.
- The Community Partner or Business of the Year will be a non-governmental organization (a non-profit, college, university, private or public company, or a subsidiary therein) that has demonstrated a commitment to bettering the lives of residents of our tri-County Region and/or has shown a commitment to growing the economy, and/or helping strengthen our communities; is a proven leader in their field; and demonstrates partnership, collaboration, and innovation.
Regional Awards Nomination and Announcement Information
Regional Award nominations are due on September 1, 2017, 5:00 pm PT. Only one award nomination will be accepted from each jurisdiction, organization, or individual per category. Click HERE for complete nomination guidelines.
Awards will be announced during the CelebrateLBL event; therefore, nominee attendance to the November 2nd CelebrateLBL event is highly encouraged. Awardees will be selected by the OCWCOG Board of Directors. Winners will not be announced prior to CelebrateLBL.
All CelebrateLBL attendees must register for the event; tickets are $40 per person. Registration for the event will open on July 15th; additional nomination information and event tickets, as well as sponsorship and silent auction opportunities, are available at www.CelebrateLBL.org.
For questions about the Regional Awards, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.