In partnership with the Corporation for National and Community Service, OCWCOG recruits and matches volunteers to children aged five to 18 in Benton, Lincoln, and Linn Counties to participate in its Foster Grandparent Program. The program is intergenerational, providing volunteers age 55 and over the opportunity to mentor, nurture, and support children with special or exceptional needs, or who are at an academic, social, or financial disadvantage. OCWCOG leverages the skills of Foster Grandparents to improve school readiness and help children gain academic confidence to excel in school. The Foster Grandparent Program is funded in part by the Early Learning Hub of Linn, Benton & Lincoln Counties.
- Work with students with exceptional needs
- Are 55 years of age or older
- Can volunteer 15 hours or more weekly
- Have limited income
- Receive an hourly tax-exempt stipend
- Are reimbursed for meals and mileage