Meals on Wheels
Advisory Committee (MOWAC)
The Meals on Wheels Advisory Committee (MOWAC) is a group of citizens of Benton, Lincoln, and Linn Counties that are advocates for the Meals on Wheels dining/meal sites in their communities and assist OCWCOG staff in ensuring that meal sites are running effectively.
- Each member of the MOWAC serves as an Adviser to the Meals on Wheels Program Management.
- Serve as a liaison between the meal site / Site Manager and the Program Supervisor.
- Review and comment on the Meals on Wheels program, policies, and actions, which may affect meal sites and their participants.
- Represent the meal site participants, Site Managers, and local communities at the MOWAC meetings by presenting a brief report on what is happening at your assigned meal site.
- Participate in bi-monthly MOWAC meetings.
In order to join MOWAC, you will need to agree to the following:
- Visit your assigned meal site on a quarterly basis.
- Complete a meal site monitoring form (PDF) upon each visit and report back to the Program Supervisor on your experience at the MOWAC meeting.