Advisory Council (SMAC)
The Senior Meals Advisory Council (SMAC) is a group of citizens of Benton, Lincoln, and Linn Counties that are advocates for Senior Meal dining sites in their communities and assist OCWCOG staff in ensuring that Senior Meal dining sites are running effectively.
- Each member of the SMAC serves as an Advisory to the Senior Meals Program Management.
- Serve as a liaison between the meal site / Site Manager and the Program Supervisor.
- Review and comment on the Senior Meals program, policies, and actions, which may affect meal sites and their participants.
- Represent the meal site participants, Site Managers, and local communities at the SMAC meetings by presenting a brief report on what is happening at your assigned meal site.
- Participate in bi-monthly SMAC meetings.
In order to join SMAC, you will need to agree to the following:
- Visit your assigned meal site on a quarterly basis.
- Complete a meal site monitoring form (PDF) upon each visit and report back to the Program Supervisor on your experience at the SMAC meeting.