Community Development Block Grant for Childcare Businesses
Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments has partnered with the City of Albany to provide Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) to Childcare businesses with 5 or fewer employees. Applicants may apply for competitive grants from $6,000 to $10,000. The number of grants funded depends on the number of applicants and dollar amount awarded to each.
Applications may be submitted Jan 22-28, 2023.
Recipients will be notified by February 7, 2023.
Grants will be funded mid-February.
The funding may be used for the following:
- Materials & Supplies
- Professional Services (Tech support, marketing, tax preparer, etc)
- Business Expenses (Certification, License, insurance)
- Business must reside in the Albany city limits
- Owner OR job created must meet low-mod income levels
- Business must have been in operation for at least 6 months
- Five or fewer employees
- Business owner must be applicant
- Pre-application advising (see contact info)
- Locally owned (not a national chain)
- Not delinquent on taxes
Must complete demographic survey for new employees