Recognizing Regional Leaders and Project Achievements Across Our Region at OCWCOG’s Annual Event
OCWCOG is seeking nominations for its 2019 Regional Awards. Six Regional Awards will be presented during the organization’s upcoming Celebrate Linn, Benton, Lincoln – A Regional Awards and Recognition Event (CelebrateLBL).
CelebrateLBL will highlight this year’s successes, outstanding citizens, and innovative projects across the tri-County Region of Linn, Benton, and Lincoln Counties through a presentation of six Regional Awards. CelebrateLBL provides an opportunity for community and business leaders, regional stakeholders, and elected officials to come together to celebrate our Region. The event will take place in October in Linn County; the exact date and location will be announced soon. Visit www.CelebrateLBL.org for more information.
2019 Regional Awards
OCWCOG’s Regional Awards are for individuals or projects representing, or contained in, any jurisdiction within Linn, Benton, and Lincoln Counties. Specific awards include:
- The Citizen of the Region Award will recognize an exceptional citizen of our tri-County Region who has proven to be a community leader, role model, trendsetter, visionary, or who possesses other demonstrable qualities that set them and their work apart. The award is not intended for political activism or engagement.
Previous winners are: Mike Volpe (Senior and Disability Services Advocate); and Dr. Larry Mullins (Former President / CEO of Samaritan Health Services).
- The Community Partner or Business of the Year will be a non-governmental organization (a non-profit, college, university, private or public company, or a subsidiary therein) that has demonstrated a commitment to bettering the lives of residents of our tri-County Region, and/or has shown a commitment to growing the economy, and/or helping strengthen our communities; is a proven leader in their field; and demonstrates partnership, collaboration, and innovation.
Previous winners are: Oregon State Credit Union; and Alyrica Networks, Inc.
- The OCWCOG Board Chair Award is given at his or her discretion to any person or entity that he or she believes to be outstanding and that has contributed to the regional discussion.
Previous winners are: T. Gerding Corporation; and Dr. Greg Hamann (President, Linn-Benton Commuunity College).
- The Project of the Year Award will recognize a project: planning, research, program, study, physical infrastructure (transportation, public safety, health, water, sewer, broadband, etc.), or implementation of a new system or process. The project must be innovative, of community significance, and demonstrate how a community will be better because of it. The Project will be replicable, and demonstrate a commitment of community partners, other jurisdictions (if applicable), and collaboration.
Previous winners are: City of Lincoln City and Bijou Theatre; and Port of Toledo.
- OCWCOG’s Volunteer of the Year will recognize an individual who has given of themselves above and beyond. This individual will demonstrate community spirit, giving, and selflessness.
Previous winners are: The Honorable Catherine Skiens (Former Linn County Commissioner, and Senior and Disability Services Advocate; and Joni Nelson (Volunteer for City of Brownsville).
- OCWCOG will recognize an exemplary Meals on Wheels Volunteer of the Year. This Award will recognize an individual who has given of themselves above and beyond for seniors and persons with disabilities in our communities. This Volunteer will have also and demonstrated community spirit, giving, and selflessness.
Previous winners are: Carol Dorning (Waldport Meal Site Volunteer); and Georgiann Jones (Brownsville Meal Site Volunteer, awarded posthumously).
Regional Awards Nomination and Announcement Information
Regional Award nominations are due on August 30, 2019, 5:00 pm PT. Only one award nomination will be accepted from each jurisdiction, organization, or individual per category. Click HERE for complete nomination guidelines.
Awards will be announced during the CelebrateLBL event being held in Linn County in October 2019; therefore, nominee attendance to the CelebrateLBL event is highly encouraged. The exact date and time of the event will be announced soon. Awardees will be selected by the OCWCOG Board of Directors. Winners will not be announced prior to CelebrateLBL.
All CelebrateLBL attendees must register for the event; tickets are $40 per person. Registration for the event will open on July 17th; additional nomination information and event tickets, as well as sponsorship and silent auction opportunities, are available at www.CelebrateLBL.org.
For questions about the OCWCOG Regional Awards, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.