Housing affordability is an issue of growing importance in the country, state, and region. OCWCOG has been engaging in efforts to identify housing solutions for our region.
Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments received funding from the Department of Land Conservation and Development (DLCD) to complete a Housing Implementation Plan. The project includes four deliverables 1) Hosting a virtual meeting to understand regional housing needs, 2) Conducting code audits for the cities of Harrisburg, Philomath, Sweet Home, and Toledo, 3) Preparing a housing implementation plan tool kit based on regional housing needs and 4) Recommending code and other priority tools for the cities of Harrisburg, Philomath, Sweet Home, and Toledo.
- Regional Housing Discussion Flyer
- March 1, 2022 Regional Housing Discussion Presentation
- March 1, 2022 Regional Housing Discussion Summary
- Regional Housing Flyer #2
- Regional Housing Discussion #2
- Four Cities (Harrisburg/Philomath/Sweet Home/Toledo) Housing Recommendations
- Region-Wide Recommendations
- OCWCOG Full Housing Policy Toolbox – Excel Sheet
- OCWCOG Housing Policy Toolbox – PDF Presentation
Justin Peterson, Economic Development Planner