Meals on Wheels (MOW) provides fresh, nutritious meals, along with a social connection for older adults and individuals with a disability. We envision a Region where people live independently, or where they choose for as long as possible.
MOW operates 11 meal sites across the Linn, Benton, and Lincoln Region, and serves clients in two ways:
- through a dining room atmosphere at a local community center for those able to travel, and
- through volunteers delivering hot meals directly to the client’s front door, for homebound clients; this volunteer may be the only person client’s see that day.
Your donation supports more than a meal.
Your support delivers allows MOW to provide more than a meal – health, safety, and socialization to some of our community’s most vulnerable residents. Thank you in advance for your donation.
The MOW can be supported in multiple ways:
- Click HERE for more information on Meals on Wheels.
- Click HERE to support doing the most good for the program.
Every $1,000 raised provides one hundred (100) hot, nutritious meals with an accompanying friendly visit and daily well-check, enabling those clients to stay in the home of their own choosing as long as possible. We currently deliver lunch to the front door of 16 individuals that are over 100 years old!
- Click HERE for more information on Giving Day.
- Click HERE to donate $1,000 and become a Giving Day donor. You can donate one day or multiple days.
Sponsor a meal site: A donation of $10,000 helps to support MOW’s daily operations. You or your company will receive recognition on a variety of items that will display at the meal site and your place of business.
- Please contact Jennifer Moore, at 541-812-6008 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Attend the annual Tapas and Treasures event: The Rotary Club of Corvallis partners with Oregon Cascades West Senior Services Foundation to host Tapas and Treasures – a signature fundraiser for the Meals on Wheels program. The event is held annually at Garland Nursery. This year’s event is scheduled for July 12th from 5:00 – 8:00 pm.
- Visit www.TapasAndTreasures.org for more information or to register.
Give by check, mail to:
Meals on Wheels c/o OCWCOG
1400 Queen Avenue SE, Suite 206
Albany, OR 97322
Donate a vehicle: OCWCOG partners with Melwood and the Meals on Wheels Association of America to receive vehicle donations. You can designate OCWCOG’s Meals on Wheels program as the beneficiary via their website.
- Learn more about donating your vehicle through Melwood by clicking HERE.
Participate in Cookiepalooza: MOW and Girl Scouts© of Oregon and SW Washington (GSOSW) partner to provide donated Girl Scout Cookies to home-delivered and dining room clients. Through its Gift of Caring program, community members can opt to donate purchased cookies throughout the Girl Scout Cookie season (February and March). MOW then delivers cookies to program participants and volunteers.
- Cookies aren’t your thing? Consider donating the cost of a meal ($10) for every box you don’t buy. Click HERE to donate a hot, nutritious lunch (or two).