Bias Response Initiative
Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments (OCWCOG) is currently conducting a feasibility study for establishing a regional Bias Response System for Linn, Benton, and Lincoln counties.
This feasibility study will research and catalogue existing state and local anti-bias resources and identify resource gaps. The study team will convene focus groups with service organizations and community members to learn about potential gaps in current resources as well as ideas of how a Bias Response System could best serve them.
A Bias Response System could include components such as:
• A list of resources for reporting instances of bias
• A database to track bias instances and identify bias trends on a systematic level
• Training resources for agencies, organizations, and businesses where instances of bias have been reported
Project Timeline: April – October 2022
- Project Management: (Ongoing)
- Research and Catalogue Existing Practices and Demographic: Data (In Progress, March – June)
- Stakeholder and Issue Identification: May/June
- Listening Sessions and Solution Identification: July/August
- Regional Staff and Elected Official Survey: August/September
- Virtual Summit: September
- Draft Report: September
- Final Report: October
OCWCOG is working with Zilo International Group to lead this work. Funding for this research was provided by the City of Corvallis.