Bias Response Initiative
Community Storytelling Project – July 2023, Complete
In this report, we showcase the unique characteristics of each county and provide an overview of the racial demographics of the people who call these counties home. Most importantly, we share the stories of individuals within these counties, offering a glimpse into their lives and experiences.
Bias Response Project Complete
The Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments (OCWCOG) is pleased to release a report exploring the feasibility of a Regional Bias Response System across Lincoln Benton and Linn counties. With funding generously provided by the City of Corvallis, the project involved research and facilitated discussions around the feasibility of a regional Bias Response System, and the subsequent public and regional support for a more localized system. The research includes bias response programs and approaches, as well as current resources and identifying gaps.
For more information we invite you to review the report or reach out to Alicia Lucke, email@example.com for more information.
Bias Response Initiative Overview:
Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments (OCWCOG) is currently conducting a feasibility study for establishing a regional Bias Response System for Linn, Benton, and Lincoln counties.
This feasibility study will research and catalogue existing state and local anti-bias resources and identify resource gaps. The study team will convene focus groups with service organizations and community members to learn about potential gaps in current resources as well as ideas of how a Bias Response System could best serve them.
A Bias Response System could include components such as:
• A list of resources for reporting instances of bias
• A database to track bias instances and identify bias trends on a systematic level
• Training resources for agencies, organizations, and businesses where instances of bias have been reported
Project Timeline: April 2022 – June 2023
- Project Management: (Ongoing)
- Research and Catalogue Existing Practices and Demographic: Data (March – June)
- Stakeholder and Issue Identification: May/June
- Listening Sessions and Solution Identification: July/August
- Regional Staff and Elected Official Survey: October
- Virtual Summit: November 2, 2022, 12:00 – 1:00 pm
- Draft Report: January 2023
- Final Report: March 2023
OCWCOG is working with Zilo International Group to lead this work. Funding for this research was provided by the City of Corvallis.