Benton County
Veterans Services

For Honorably Discharged Veterans of the Armed Services

Benton County Veterans Service Office (VSO) assists Honorably discharged Veterans with many requests. There are a variety of benefits available to these Veterans. Below is a partial list of requests that the Benton County VSO staff most commonly assists.

  • Disability Compensation
  • Pension
  • Health Care
  • Burial
  • Emergency Assistance
  • Transportation
  • Special Advocacy
  • Employment
  • Education
  • Home Loans
  • Veteran Owned Businesses
  • Records and Medals

To Establish Eligibility

To establish eligibility for services through the Oregon Department of Veteran Affairs (ODVA) and/or Federal Veterans Affairs (VA) system, the following documents may be required; however, not all documentation is needed to begin services.

  • State Issued Photo ID
  • DD-214 or Separation Papers
  • Marriage Certificate and/or Divorce Papers (if applicable)
  • Birth Certificates of Dependents (if applicable)
  • Medicare and/or Insurance Cards
  • Proof of Income (SSI, Retirement, etc.) (if applicable)
  • Dates and Locations of Military Service
  • Proof of Medical and/or Care Expenses
  • Copies of Non-VA Health Records (if applicable)

For Surviving Spouses and Children              

Veterans are not the only ones serving their country. Spouses, children, and parents also sacrifice greatly to keep this nation safe and strong. Additional benefits may be available to the spouse, dependent, or family member of a Veteran who died or was seriously injured in the line of duty. Benefits available through the VA may help with education or training for a new career, or may provide supplementary income or necessary health care. A partial list of benefits is below. Gold Star Parents may also eligible for services. Make an appointment with the Benton County VSO to learn more.

  • Dependents’ Education Assistance Program
  • Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC)
  • Survivor’s Pension
  • Burial Allowance
  • Parents’ Dependency and Indemnity Compensation

To schedule an appointment to discuss your specific needs,
call 541-368-7100 or 800-508-1698, or email

Contact Us

541-368-7100  (Phone)
800-508-1698  (Toll Free)
541-758-3127  (Fax)

777 NW 9th Street, Suite 202C
Corvallis, OR  97330

If you are a Veteran in crisis or are concerned about a Veteran in crisis, call 1-800-273-8255, and Press 1.

Visit Veterans Crisis Line to learn more.