Emergency Ride Home
If you commute to work by bike, bus, carpool/vanpool, or walking, you may be concerned with how to get home quickly in case of an emergency. The Cascades West Transportation Options Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program is here to help.
Emergency Ride Home is a FREE service providing a trip home by taxi ($50 maximum per trip) or rental car, if you or a family member experiences an illness or emergency, including a home emergency. You also can use ERH if you have unscheduled overtime (supervisor’s approval required) or your carpool/vanpool driver has an emergency and leaves early.
Am I eligible for Emergency Ride Home?
To be eligible for ERH, you must:
- Be a member of Get There Oregon (anyone can join for free at GetThereOregon.org);
- Work in Linn, Benton, or Lincoln County;
- Commute by bike, bus, carpool, vanpool, or walking on the day you need to use ERH.
- Emergencies eligible for ERH include:
- Personal or family illness, injury or other emergency
- Home damaged by fire, burglary, or similar emergency
- Carpool/vanpool driver has an emergency and has to leave early, leaving you stranded
- Unscheduled overtime (with supervisor’s signature on the ERH voucher)
*Online enrollment unavailable at this time; please contact Katie Trebes at RideManager@ocwcog.org or call 541-812-2004 for approval and to access voucher for reimbursement.